Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wanted Woman No More

I found a tape recording of Ella Enchanted under the passenger's side seat last week. This particular tape recording was mine, but not mine; I "bought" it from the library about two years ago. It had been missing for about 6 month prior to the purchase.

However, I could not, in good conscious, keep the tainted goods. I had to rid my bad library karma of this symbol of my failure to adhere to due dates. My last library rendezvous was Purchase Day and I missed my long standing dates with the stacks.

Courage in one hand, library card in the other, I returned Ella, distracted myself with the library book sale, watched Ella scan through the system, and requested a librarian to confirm that I was Fine Free. I was free to roam the stacks. Free to read through the children's books. Free to skim through the massive art books. And free to check out 50 books.

I limited myself to one - one book, one movie, and one book on tape. Some of which maybe under the driver's side seat.

No comments: