I am not an immediate writer. I am a painfully slow writer. It is after all a process. A long and deliberate process. A process whose key ingredient is time. For example, I cheated on my leg waxer last Friday, not yesterday. In that multi-day span, I:
- Had a lunch of fried vegetables followed by apple fritters.
- Saw a very be-dazzled musical version of The Wedding Singer.
- Found an Irish pub that serves the much sought after half pints of beer.
- Made oatmeal lace cookies, drizzled with chocolate of course.
- Gave tours at my historical spot of choice.
- Had dinner with two of my best friends.
- Learned the dance moves to Feist's 1 2 3 4.
Give me a week, and I may have the words to describe how to read in traffic. But don't hold your breath; I do have grades to bubble, a book festival to attend, newspapers to read, hot dogs to eat, and a niece to cuddle.