Friday, February 01, 2008

Contentment

A nap of 20 minutes lasted 120. I woke up squinty eyed, confused, and with my skirt on backwards. Drool matted my hair to my face. I was a set of wrinkles: face wrinkles, shirt wrinkles, and worry wrinkles. I had articles to read! Literary letters to write! Bathrooms to clean! However, I don't move from my encasement of sheet, blanket, and down comforter. I turn over and watch the fading light from my window.

I could be there now,
snuggled with content,
if not for the smell of bacon. *


*so aware of the extra syllable. it is killing me.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

According to Zen Ties, haiku don't have to be exactly 5, 7, 5. It drove my kids nuts when we read it because they didn't think Koo was speaking in haiku because of slight differences in syllables. We had to read the authors note. We should still do more research on haiku because these kids need multiple sources to accept something that differs from their background knowledge. (And good for them!)